A Tourist Guide to Christian Stores in Singapore (with Map)
Saturday, May 14, 2011
This map is my most up-to-date and comprehensive listing of Christian stores in Singapore. Click here to see the map in tabular form instead.
Christian stores in Singapore (Click for full screen)
Tourists from neighboring countries such as Indonesia, Malaysia, and even The Philippines enjoy frequenting Christian bookstores in Singapore because we often stock a wide range of books.
Here are some expert tips to maximize your next visit to Singapore:
- Book your hotel in the central or east regions of Singapore where Christian bookstores are clustered.
- If you are looking for a specific title, email the stores in advance or call them when you arrive in Singapore to confirm their availability. Most stores will be willing to reserve a book for a short time.
- If you are a full-time worker, bring a name card with you. Some stores give discounts to full-time workers and will ask to see your name card as proof.
- If you are from South East Asia, be prepared to spend or be extra selective about your purchases. Books in Singapore tend to be more pricey than your home country. Visit SKS Bookstore for a wide selection of books.
- Few Christian bookstores often on Sunday. A few that do are identified in the Map below. I recommend visiting Trumpet Praise. Great service.
Closing remarks: For practical reasons, the data on this list of Christian stores is eternally out-of-date. It depends on you to remain relevant. Drop me an email or comment and I'll be more than happy to update it with your latest bit of info. Cheers!
Posted by yp at 1:08 AM
Labels: christian stores
- At May 25, 2011 at 10:31 AM Hannah said...
Hi, thank you for putting this list together, and for creating the map. All I had to do was click the area around where I live to find the nearest stores. :) Saves me a lot of time as I thought I might have to travel further to the limited bookshops I know of.
- At June 5, 2011 at 10:03 PM Dara said...
Mount Zion Raffles is open 12:30 - 7:30 pm Mon, 10:30 am - 7:30 am Tues - Fri, 9:00 - 4:00 pm Sat. Closed on Sundays & Public Holidays. Mount Zion Sembawang and Century Square is open 12:30 - 9:30 pm Mon, 11:30 am - 9:30 am Tues - Sat. 12:30 - 9:30 am Sun. The bookshop gets a later start on Mon and Sunday due to morning worship.
- At June 21, 2011 at 11:11 AM Vinogal said...
Hi Can I know which is the best place to get a cross for wall mounting? I'm very confused which stall to go.
- At June 23, 2011 at 8:54 PM yp said...
Apologies that I am not able to suggest the "best" place. The most effective way I know is to call up the stores to check before making a trip down.
You might want to start your search witht the larger stores, e.g. SKS bookstore, Tecman.
- At July 14, 2011 at 3:45 PM RicCai said...
Any 1 cant tell me where to buy an iBible in Sg.
- At September 5, 2011 at 4:24 PM Yuan said...
Thank you for this Singapore Christian bookstores map. It's very useful!
- At November 12, 2012 at 8:45 PM Bearyhugs said...
very helpful and you also got me into "wordle" I had never heard of it and its ideal for my scrapbooking hobby. God works in mysterious ways:)
- At April 2, 2013 at 10:05 PM Nikki Benz said...
christian life bookstore Offers books, gifts, apparel, home accessories, children's products, as well as a coffee and tea room.christian life bookstore also Find information about the history of the building and hours.So Gripping bible studies and inspiring Christian books from christian life bookstore are the best. From Bibles to church supplies, music, and more, LifeWay has the solution for all your ministry needs found on christian life bookstore.
- At September 29, 2014 at 5:43 PM Charis said...
Hi, thanks for compiling the list. You might want to include Teach His Word Resource Centre.
Address: 2 Leng Kee Road, #06-06,
Thye Hong Centre, Singapore 159086